calendar problems--kinda complex

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by middletree, Jan 17, 2005.

  1. middletree

    middletree Guest

    Please go to http://www.middletree.net/calendar/close.htm

    Scroll down about halfway to where there's a table row with four text
    boxes, the first of which says "Temporary Solution Provided"

    Click the little button next to the text box. A calendar pops up, from
    which you can click a date and fill up the textbox with that date.

    I am having two problems with this calendar:

    1. If I open a calendar, I click "Today", it doesnt' always populate
    the textbox. Sometimes, it does, sometimes it doesn't.

    2. I'd like to make it populate with the date that I pick, followed by
    the current time (the user can adjust the time if they want by manually
    typing it. The format would have to be 1/17/2005 8:36:49 AM

    Please note that the page shown is a sample page; the real deal is an
    ASP-built Intranet app, so I don't have the ability to show you the
    real page.

    middletree, Jan 17, 2005

  2. middletree

    middletree Guest

    I hope I didn't come across as being the author of that calendar. I
    found it for free. Can't recall the place, but the source code will
    have that information on there.

    You're right; it is a great calendar.

    middletree, Jan 17, 2005

  3. middletree

    McKirahan Guest

    "Josh" <> wrote in message

    > "middletree" <> wrote in message
    > > I hope I didn't come across as being the author of that calendar. I
    > > found it for free. Can't recall the place, but the source code will
    > > have that information on there.

    > I couldn't find the info in the source code.

    Look at the source code of the first "include" file:
    http://www.middletree.net/calendar/includes/calendar.js

    it points to
    http://students.infoiasi.ro/~mishoo/site/calendar.epl

    at which you can find:
    http://www.dynarch.com/projects/calendar/

    McKirahan, Jan 17, 2005
  4. middletree

    McKirahan Guest

    > Please go to http://www.middletree.net/calendar/close.htm
    >
    > Scroll down about halfway to where there's a table row with four text
    > boxes, the first of which says "Temporary Solution Provided"
    >
    > Click the little button next to the text box. A calendar pops up, from
    > which you can click a date and fill up the textbox with that date.
    >
    > I am having two problems with this calendar:
    >
    > 1. If I open a calendar, I click "Today", it doesnt' always populate
    > the textbox. Sometimes, it does, sometimes it doesn't.

    Clicking on Today doesn't populate your date field it just repositions the
    calendar to today; click on today's date (e.g. "17") to populate your date
    field .

    > 2. I'd like to make it populate with the date that I pick, followed by
    > the current time (the user can adjust the time if they want by manually
    > typing it. The format would have to be 1/17/2005 8:36:49 AM

    Look at the author's page to see the options to include the time:
    http://www.dynarch.com/demos/jscalendar/

    The curent time would be the time on the client's computer and may not be
    accurate at all.

    > Please note that the page shown is a sample page; the real deal is an
    > ASP-built Intranet app, so I don't have the ability to show you the
    > real page.

    You should probably hide your "iframe" as it looks bad the way it is now --
    it shows some very short scrollbars with unreadable content.

    McKirahan, Jan 17, 2005
  5. middletree

    mt Guest

    "McKirahan" <> wrote in message
    > Clicking on Today doesn't populate your date field it just repositions the
    > calendar to today; click on today's date (e.g. "17") to populate your date
    > field .

    Well, sometimes, it does populate the text box. For example, select a date
    on one calendar, then go to another one and select Today, and it works.

    > Look at the author's page to see the options to include the time:
    > http://www.dynarch.com/demos/jscalendar/
    >
    > The curent time would be the time on the client's computer and may not be
    > accurate at all.

    I'll check it out. Thanks. Since 100% of users are on the company network,
    their clocks are always updated.

    > You should probably hide your "iframe" as it looks bad the way it is

    now --
    > it shows some very short scrollbars with unreadable content.

    Actually, that iframe isn't supposed to show at all. It's an ASP page with
    just ASP code; server-side only. It is used to repopulate one of my other
    deals when a certain function is called. I didn't include it in my sample
    that I posted for this question, so it shows that error, which means it has
    to show the scrollbars to show the VB error.

    mt, Jan 18, 2005