calendar problems--kinda complex

middletree

Please go to http://www.middletree.net/calendar/close.htm

Scroll down about halfway to where there's a table row with four text
boxes, the first of which says "Temporary Solution Provided"

Click the little button next to the text box. A calendar pops up, from
which you can click a date and fill up the textbox with that date.

I am having two problems with this calendar:

1. If I open a calendar, I click "Today", it doesnt' always populate
the textbox. Sometimes, it does, sometimes it doesn't.

2. I'd like to make it populate with the date that I pick, followed by
the current time (the user can adjust the time if they want by manually
typing it. The format would have to be 1/17/2005 8:36:49 AM

Please note that the page shown is a sample page; the real deal is an
ASP-built Intranet app, so I don't have the ability to show you the
real page.

middletree

I hope I didn't come across as being the author of that calendar. I
found it for free. Can't recall the place, but the source code will
have that information on there.

You're right; it is a great calendar.

McKirahan

middletree said:
Please go to http://www.middletree.net/calendar/close.htm

Scroll down about halfway to where there's a table row with four text
boxes, the first of which says "Temporary Solution Provided"

Click the little button next to the text box. A calendar pops up, from
which you can click a date and fill up the textbox with that date.

I am having two problems with this calendar:

1. If I open a calendar, I click "Today", it doesnt' always populate
the textbox. Sometimes, it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Clicking on Today doesn't populate your date field it just repositions the
calendar to today; click on today's date (e.g. "17") to populate your date
field .
2. I'd like to make it populate with the date that I pick, followed by
the current time (the user can adjust the time if they want by manually
typing it. The format would have to be 1/17/2005 8:36:49 AM

Look at the author's page to see the options to include the time:
http://www.dynarch.com/demos/jscalendar/

The curent time would be the time on the client's computer and may not be
accurate at all.
Please note that the page shown is a sample page; the real deal is an
ASP-built Intranet app, so I don't have the ability to show you the
real page.

You should probably hide your "iframe" as it looks bad the way it is now --
it shows some very short scrollbars with unreadable content.

mt

McKirahan said:
Clicking on Today doesn't populate your date field it just repositions the
calendar to today; click on today's date (e.g. "17") to populate your date
field .

Well, sometimes, it does populate the text box. For example, select a date
on one calendar, then go to another one and select Today, and it works.
Look at the author's page to see the options to include the time:
http://www.dynarch.com/demos/jscalendar/

The curent time would be the time on the client's computer and may not be
accurate at all.

I'll check it out. Thanks. Since 100% of users are on the company network,
their clocks are always updated.
You should probably hide your "iframe" as it looks bad the way it is now --
it shows some very short scrollbars with unreadable content.

Actually, that iframe isn't supposed to show at all. It's an ASP page with
just ASP code; server-side only. It is used to repopulate one of my other
deals when a certain function is called. I didn't include it in my sample
that I posted for this question, so it shows that error, which means it has
to show the scrollbars to show the VB error.