Call for Participation Accellera VHDL Verification Features

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Jim Lewis, Sep 23, 2006.

  1. Jim Lewis

    Jim Lewis Guest

    Hi,
    If you have strong verification skills and have used
    a language such as SystemVerilog, e, Vera, or SystemC
    for verification and would like to be able to use
    VHDL, you should be participating in the Accellera
    VHDL enhancments effort.

    Some of the tasks on our list are adding OO, interfaces,
    constrained random, functional coverage, verification
    data structures, ...

    You do not need to be an Accellera member to participate.
    Go to the webpage
    http://www.accellera.org/activities/vhdl/

    Under join here, select the appropriate "click here"
    link (Accellera member vs. non-member).

    Non-Accellera members fill in your name and information
    and send the request to Lynn Horobin, Administration & Marketing.
    In the big text box, ask to join Accellera VHDL TSC,
    VHDL Extensions subcommittee, and VHDL Requirements subcommittee.

    Note that most decisions are made by consensus of all
    participants. Only contentious items are decided by a
    member based vote. In the last revision, I think there
    were only 3 of over 100 items resolved this way.

    Of course for those of you who belong to companies with
    sufficient resources, membership in Accellera will help
    fund the effort (mainly LRM editing task) and is greatly
    appreciated.

    Best Regards,
    Jim Lewis
    VHDL and VHDL Standards Evangalist

    Jim Lewis
    Director of Training mailto:
    1-503-590-4787

    Jim Lewis, Sep 23, 2006

  2. Jim Lewis

    Ajeetha Guest

    Jim,
    I subscribed/sent an email via that page showing interest, didn't
    hear back anything from anyone from the commitee? Is there another
    channel that I should pursue?

    Thanks
    Ajeetha,CVC
    www.noveldv.com