Calling a javascript function from server script URGENT HELP

Silvia Brunet Jones

Ok I am about to pull my hair.
I have an active x control in an object tag which, as you
know cant have runat=server. So what I need is to not
loose what is in this box everytime a postback happens. So
all I want to do is add this statement
document.all.txtEditor.value =
document.all.Transcription.objEditor.textrtf;
in the before the page is posted so that I can then
retrive it and put it back.
WHY CANT I DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have tried all kinds of things, the submit function is
not getting called when the postback occurs.
There has to be a way how to call a javascript function
from the server side code. Where I can put this in the
private void Page_Unload(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
at least.
HELP
..