    private void Page_Unload(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
    at least.
    HELP

    Silvia Brunet Jones, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Silvia Brunet Jones

    Alexander Guest

    It is impossible to call javascript function from server script.
    Your JavaScript code has to be called on client side just before
    postback to server.
    There is a simple trick to add your JavaScript client side code to
    submit button.
    On the server side you should to write something similar (I prefer C#,
    you will make the same basic.net code):

    this.btnSave.Attributes.Add("onclick", "document.all.txtEditor.value =
    document.all.Transcription.objEditor.textrtf;");
    this.btnSave.Attributes.Add("language", "javascript");

    The problem with this javascript code execution is possible if you
    have Visual Studio standard validators on the page.
    If you have validators the trick is more complex and has two steps:
    a) you have to set the submit button property "CausesValidation" to
    false;
    b) just after your JavaScript code you have to add: if
    (typeof(Page_ClientValidate) == 'function') Page_ClientValidate();
    as a result your code should be:
    this.btnSave.Attributes.Add("onclick", "document.all.txtEditor.value =
    document.all.Transcription.objEditor.textrtf; if
    (typeof(Page_ClientValidate) == 'function') Page_ClientValidate();");

    I use the similar code on the site
    http://alnet.europe.webmatrixhosting.net/ on Make Your Puzzle page. It
    works.

    Best Wishes,