Calling a Web Service using Axis, from within an Axis Web Service running under Tomcat

Discussion in 'Java' started by hocho888, Apr 29, 2005.

  1. hocho888

    hocho888 Guest

    Hello,

    I am running into class loading errors when I attempt to invoke a 3rd
    party web service using the axis classes

    org.apache.axis.client.Call
    org.apache.axis.client.Service

    I am doing this, from within the an Axis web service running under
    Tomcat.

    The error is
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.axis.client.Call

    I tried added the axis jars to the Tomcat classpath but that resulted
    in error deploying the tomcat hosted web service in the first place.

    All help appreciated.
    hocho888, Apr 29, 2005

  2. hocho888

    Guest

    Try:

    cp ~/jars/jaxrpc.jar ~/jars/saaj.jar ~/tomcat/common/endorsed;

    Also try putting your axis.jar into WEB-INF/lib

    iksrazal
    , Apr 29, 2005