Can 'aberic' be abbreviation of 'Eric Abraham'?

zuoxingdong

Hello everyone :
My English name is 'Eric Abraham', so Can 'aberic' be
abbreviation of 'Eric Abraham' ? Or is there another better
abbreviation of 'Eric Abraham' ?

Thanks a lot.

Tomás Ó hÉilidhe

(e-mail address removed):
Hello everyone :
My English name is 'Eric Abraham', so Can 'aberic' be
abbreviation of 'Eric Abraham' ? Or is there another better
abbreviation of 'Eric Abraham' ?

Thanks a lot.

In the English-speaking world, there's a strong tendency to call people
by a single first name, i.e. "Eric" instead of "Eric Abraham".

If you're looking for a friendly name that your friends can use for
you, then I'd probably go with something like Ricky or Abe.

Walter Roberson

My English name is 'Eric Abraham', so Can 'aberic' be
abbreviation of 'Eric Abraham' ?

It could be for the purposes of an email address or user account.
For example some of my accounts are 'robersonw'.
Or is there another better
abbreviation of 'Eric Abraham' ?

'ericab' would be more common than 'aberic'. 'eabraham'
would be much more common than either. As a signature, 'Eric A.'
would not be unusual.

Ark Khasin

Hello everyone :
My English name is 'Eric Abraham', so Can 'aberic' be
abbreviation of 'Eric Abraham' ? Or is there another better
abbreviation of 'Eric Abraham' ?

Thanks a lot.
<OT>
I figure it's mostly for US use where pretty much anything goes, even
B.J., without prejudice.

More ethnically-tuned people(s) would find your adopted name as odd as,
say, Mohammad Rabinowitz - not impossible but unlikely. A side effect is
a great potential to confuse name recognition software such as on you
English-speaking friends' cell phones.

My personal experience (of a Russian Jew with first name of Greek origin
and last name either of common Semitic or of Ukrainian origin - go
figure!) is: two syllables max, but e.g. Xerxes is a bit too much.
And you've got to prove yourself Chandrasekhar to go easily with such a
name.

To your original question:
Eric is an abbreviation of Eric Abraham.
So is Abe.
Aber - if you like puns (means "but" in German). Which is to say: beware
of unintended connotations.

Thank you for the opportunity to relieve my chest on the subject :)
</OT>

Richard Bos

Ark Khasin said:
<OT>
I figure it's mostly for US use where pretty much anything goes, even
B.J., without prejudice.

Personally, I'd say Zuo Xing Dong is just as acceptable a name as
Richard Lodewijk Bos, but maybe that's just me.

Richard

pete

Walter said:
It could be for the purposes of an email address or user account.
For example some of my accounts are 'robersonw'.

'ericab' would be more common than 'aberic'. 'eabraham'
would be much more common than either.

'eabraham' conforms to a logon name formula that I'm familiar with.
Use the first initial followed by first seven letters of last name.
If last name is short, then use more letters from the first name.
Eight letters in a login name is small enough for old systems and
large enough for most new ones.