Can I send a status other than HTTP 500 during a SOAP Fault?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Tony V, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. Tony V

    Tony V Guest

    Hi,

    Can I set the HTTP status return code to something other than 500 in a
    C# web service when a Soap Fault is thrown?

    I want to override the default SOAP behavior of return HTTP 500 when a
    fault is thrown.

    Reason being is that a Java Application with an older JDK is calling
    my service and when it recieved the 500 error the class on the Java
    End will not let them read the body so they can't retrieve the SOAP
    fault. Unfortunately upgrading to a new Java JDK is not an option
    since we are in an enterprise environment and the admins won't allow
    it.

    Thanks,

    Tony
    Tony V, Aug 12, 2003