Can not create ASP.NET on a W2K Server

Guest

I'm trying to develop an ASP.NET app on a W2K server which has .NET 1.1 installed on it. When creating the ASP.NET, using VS.NET 2003, I'm getting the following error: Visual Studio.NET has detected that the specified web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1.

I've followed the instructions described on the on-line help and has manually installed asp.net components. I'm still getting the error. The server hosts multiple web sites.
Any idea what's causing this?
Thanks,
Gilgamesh

Scott M.

Did you install the 1.1 Framework?

Gilgamesh said:
I'm trying to develop an ASP.NET app on a W2K server which has .NET 1.1
installed on it. When creating the ASP.NET, using VS.NET 2003, I'm getting
the following error: Visual Studio.NET has detected that the specified web
server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1.
I've followed the instructions described on the on-line help and has
manually installed asp.net components. I'm still getting the error. The
server hosts multiple web sites.

Guest

Hi Gilgamesh

this type of error occurs only when the aspnet account is deleted and the solution is you have to register the IIS with the asp.net version

go to VS.Net Command Prompt and type aspnet_regiis -i and give enter

this will reinstall the aspnet account

hope it helps