canceling action of Installation Address Dialog in web setup

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by thomas.dunn@gmail.com, Apr 6, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I am writing a web setup project that acts as a patch that replaces
    some resource files of an asp.net application that has previously been
    installed by a web setup installer. What I want is to use the standard

    Installation Address dialog that asks for virtual directory name and
    port, but I DO NOT want my new patch installer to actually create that
    virtual directory (that would overwrite settings of the currently
    installed application's virtual directory).

    Is there a setting anywhere that can cancel the creation of the virtual

    directory and allow the installer to continue? If there was, I could
    use a custom action to actually copy the resource files into place if
    need be.

    I'm using vs.net 2003.

    Thanks,
    Tom