Cannot open .asmx file

Guest

I am first time study the .NET, and write a .asmx file as the Book saying.
But, when I access this .asmx file through the IE like
http://localhost/abc.asmx, I can only open it or download it. I reinstall the
..NET again, but problem exist.
Do I need some settings on IIS?

Christopher Reed

Using either the SDK command prompt or the VS command prompt, run the
following command:

aspnet_regiis -i

Guest

Thank you very much, Chris! I use aspnet_regiis -i, this is OK.
Also thank Edwin, I also trying to reinstall .NET Framewrok, but it seem not
work either.(I use VS.NET installation and only to install the VS.NET
Prerequisites.)

Edwin Knoppert

In software (config) you can re-install FW only.
There is an option to do that, i did that, VWD 2005 i use.

Edwin Knoppert

I mean in control panel > software, The framework is installed separately on
my computer.
v2.x though.

I may assume v1.x is also installed separately?

Guest

Oh! Yeah, it's separately installed, and I try also can fix my problem.
Thanks very much!!!