Cannot open asp.net applications

Venkatesh

Hi

When I try to open a new project, I get the following
error:
Visual Studio .NET has detected that the Web server is
running ASP.NET version 1.0. The Web application you are
creating or opening can be configured to be compliant with
ASP.NET 1.0.

However, the application will not be able to use new
features from ASP.NET 1.1.

I am using .net Framework version 1.1 and IIS 5.1. I
registered the latest version of the isapi dll using
regsvr32 %windir%
Microsoft.NET\Framework\version\aspnet_isapi.dll

The ISAPI extensions for existing projects point to

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322
\aspnet_isapi.dll.

What am I missing ?

Thanks.

Fred Nelson

Venkatesh:

This happened once to me - I installed ASP 1.1 again and the problem was
solved so that is the first step that I would take!

Perhaps there is something that can fail in the installation.

Fred

Dilip Krishnan

Fred said:
Venkatesh:

This happened once to me - I installed ASP 1.1 again and the problem was
solved so that is the first step that I would take!

Perhaps there is something that can fail in the installation.

Fred
Should be good if you reinstall ASP.net with the aspnet_regiis.exe command

Guest

This usually happens if you install your IIS after you install .net frame work/vs.net 2003 or if you try to install 1.0 after you have 1.1(this version re-registers your IIS with 1.0), the best solution is remove both versions (1.0 and 1.1) and re install 1.1. It should take care of this problem