cant run asp file from subdir of Web root dir

Ed

Hello,

I took a course in asp about 2 years ago and I was
practicing with IIS 5.0. Then I put it down for a while.
Now trying to get back to it. I can't run asp files from
subdirectories of my root directory, but I can run asp
files from the root directory of my website and I can run
htm files from the subdirectories. If I run

localhost/mytest.asp

this will run, and if I run

localhost/subdir1/mytest.htm

this will also run

But if I try to run

localhost/subdir1/mytest.asp

this won't run. But it used to run. I have a directory
called C:\MyWeb that I assigned as the root directory in
IIS Manager. What do I need to do to get my asp files to
run in the subdirectories of the root directory of my
website?

Thanks,
Ed

Ed

If it makes any difference, I also took a course in
asp.net last year and loaded vs.net2003 on this server. I
created another virtual dir for asp.net stuff. I can run
my regular asp stuff from the .net virtual dir OK (along
with the asp.net stuff). But I not only can't run my
regular asp stuff from the original web dir, I can't edit
or paste anything into the original dir either. I get the
message "Access denied...Not authorized...etc"

Is there something I need to reset in IIS Manager?

Thanks,
Ed

Ed

Page can't be displayed. Problem with the page

So I try to edit the page in this directory but then I get
the error message - "Access Denied - not authorized,
etc". I can copy files from this dir (this dir is not a
virtual dir but the Home directory) but I can't paste
files to this dir or do any editing here.

I created another virtual directory and I can edit the asp
file here and fix the problem and display it. I am just
wondering if there is a configuration issue with the
original home directory (I have been tweaking this server
left and right for stuff) or do I have a virus or what? I
also have a problem with my smtp virtual dir - I used to
be able to send emails from it a few months ago
(legitimate - not spam or anything like that), but now I
can't. I have to hook up directly (reference directly in
my apps) to the company's official smtp server; can't
alias my virtual smtp server anymore. Even a few months
ago everything was OK (and then I quit working with it for
a while). The pages that work, still work in that dir but
I don't have rights there anymore. I have an
administrator account on this server, and I'm the only one
who uses it (although the I.T. Dept maintains it). Is it
a virus, did I get locked out, or do I need to reconfigure
something?

Thanks,
Ed