Can't start ASP.Net project in Visual Studio.Net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Saber S, Nov 11, 2003.

  1. Saber S

    Saber S Guest

    When I try to begin an ASP.Net project in Visual Studio.Net I get an error
    message:
    "Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not
    running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web
    applications or services."

    I tried a solution at Microsoft at
    but when I do it:
    "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\version\aspnet_regiis.exe" -i

    the Command Prompt Window locks while processing..

    I tried another solution at
    http://searchvb.techtarget.com/vsnetATEAnswers/0,293820,sid8_gci882219_tax293672,00.html

    but when I go to Computer Management and try to expand Services And
    Applications the windows locks and I've to use ctrl+alt+delet.

    Have I to reinstall IIS or do something else?

    Saber S, Nov 11, 2003

  2. You won't like this answer, but if you've tried aspnet_regiis and it hasn't
    worked then you are probably best off to uninstall visual studio.net, the
    ..net framework and IIS. Then reinstall IIS and then visual studio.net.

    Sincerely,

    --
    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer