cdo failing on 2003 server

yabba

Just migrating from server 2000 to 2003. cdo was working fine on 2000 but on
2003 I get...

-2147024891 Access is denied.

The code creating the cdo object in in asp/vbs

Any help or pointers appreciated.

yabba

Jeff Cochran

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 17:59:21 -0800,
Just migrating from server 2000 to 2003. cdo was working fine on 2000 but on
2003 I get...

-2147024891 Access is denied.

The code creating the cdo object in in asp/vbs

That's a pretty generic error, meaning at some point your codee failed
because your account didn't have access to something. Show your code
and we may be able to help narrow it down.

Jeff

yabba

Thanks guys...

I found the problem, The "mailroot" folder and sub folders needed "NETWORK
SERVICE" security. On server 2000, administrators, IUSR & IWAM were
sufficient.

Larry... thanks for the links, I am going to try formatting and dumping
outbound emails directly into the pickup folder... Have you found *any* way to
modify/add a special header? I have tried...

oConfig.Fields.Delete("urn:schemas:mailheader:thread-index")
oConfig.Fields.Item("urn:schemas:mailheader:x-mailer") = "Howdy!"

without success

yabba