CDONTS Permission Denied Problem...

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Robert Suffecool, Dec 26, 2003.

  1. Hi everyone...

    I'm having a problem sending an email message using the CDONTS object
    because of a "permission denied" error. Assume the following variables are
    in the ASP file....

    txtSubject = "This is a test"
    txtToEmail = ""
    txtFromEmail = ""
    txtMessage = "Some message"

    Here is my ASP code...

    'Create mail object and send the email message...
    set objMail = server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
    objMail.To = txtToEmail
    objMail.From = txtFromEmail
    objMail.Subject = txtSubject
    objMail.Body = txtMessage
    objMail.Send

    How do I fix this problem?

    Sincerely,

    Robert
    Robert Suffecool, Dec 26, 2003

  2. Robert Suffecool

    Jon Guest

    > Hi everyone...
    >
    > I'm having a problem sending an email message using the CDONTS object
    > because of a "permission denied" error. Assume the following variables

    are
    > in the ASP file....
    >
    > txtSubject = "This is a test"
    > txtToEmail = ""
    > txtFromEmail = ""
    > txtMessage = "Some message"
    >
    > Here is my ASP code...
    >
    > 'Create mail object and send the email message...
    > set objMail = server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
    > objMail.To = txtToEmail
    > objMail.From = txtFromEmail
    > objMail.Subject = txtSubject
    > objMail.Body = txtMessage
    > objMail.Send
    >
    > How do I fix this problem?
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Robert

    Is it now Server 2003:
    http://www.tconsult.com/aspnet/server2003/smtp_server_2003_cdonts.aspx ?
    Jon, Dec 26, 2003

  3. Robert Suffecool

    Ray at Guest

    Your IUSR account needs write permissions to \inetpub\mailroot\pickup.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Dec 26, 2003