CDONTS problem

Gonzosez

I have been using CDONTS for a while.
Now I get the message

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'

Permission denied

anyideas?

Richard K Bethell

Gonzosez said:
I have been using CDONTS for a while.
Now I get the message

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'

Permission denied

anyideas?

Do you have any code to show for the area around where this happens? Could
be a number of things, depending on how you are accessing the SMTP service.

R.

Ray at

Make sure that your IUSR account has permissions to write to the
\inetpub\mailroot\pickup directory.

Ray at work

Guest

hi

I had the same problem but i spent several weeks trying
different methods to get the issue resolved..

If you can try doing a search in google for CDOSYS. It's
another mail component similar to CDONTS but with better
functionality. I believe support for CDONTS is slowly
dying out

Hope this helps some!

Gonzosez

sample of code

msgto="(e-mail address removed)"
msgfrom="(e-mail address removed)
msgsubject="this is the subject"

msgbody="<html><body>"
msgbody= msgbody & "<br>This is the message<br>"
msgbody=msgbody & "</body></html>"

Set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
objCDO.To = msgTo
objCDO.From = msgfrom
objCDO.Subject = msgsubject
objCDO.BodyFormat = 0
objCDO.MailFormat = 0

objCDO.Body = msgBody

objCDO.Send >>>>>error occurs here

Set objCDO = Nothing

Ray at

hi

I had the same problem but i spent several weeks trying
different methods to get the issue resolved..

Several weeks, eh? If you use a tool such as Google and search
http://www.google.com/search?q=800a0046+cdonts, you'll see the second result
is KB article with the solution. Use Google and other such things to change
the "several weeks" to "several seconds."
If you can try doing a search in google for CDOSYS. It's
another mail component similar to CDONTS but with better
functionality. I believe support for CDONTS is slowly
dying out

True. CDONTS is in W2K for legacy support purposes, but it is gone as of XP
and 2003. OP should use CDO unless he's on an NT server. Search
www.aspfaq.com for CDO.

Ray at work