ASP CDONTS error

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by *** JB, Apr 26, 2004.

  1. *** JB

    *** JB Guest

    Hi,
    I have been building a shopping cart & the final page will email the order
    to an address given however I get the following error message using my ASP
    localhost server.

    Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01AD)
    ActiveX component can't create object: 'CDONTS.NewMail'
    /webshop_v1.5/post.asp, line 6

    Clearly something is messed up with the CDONTS ASP function - Do I need to
    manually set up CDONTS on my server or is setup by default on IIS 5.1

    Here is the code from the file "post.asp"
    http://www.qsconnect.co.uk/~gavin/post.asp

    (Note this is a PHP server, therefore the link above will show the code of
    the asp file & not actually execute it - just want to make that clear)

    Many Thanks

    *** JB, Apr 26, 2004

  2. There is no CDONTS in Windows XP. Use CDO.Message. See
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2026

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP