    cell to be really small in width, but it just wont go any smaller.., Any
    ideas?

    apreciate the help
    ={ Advocated }=, Sep 4, 2003

  2. you've got a lot of cleaning up to do.
    that red cell has so many font tags, div tags, br tags, etc.
    then, you need to set the td tags width to a number for example
    width="1"
    the small cell just below the red cell needs to have the same width
    setting.

    if the cell above is 10pixels wide and the bottom one is 1 pixel wide,
    then the border will take the larger of the two.
    and with the same settings, if the bottom one has the word "computer"
    then the border will take the width of "computer" because it will be
    more than 10 pixels.

    you should try your experiment on a clean piece of paper (a new blank
    html file) makes your life easier.

    Ben Dover - Mental Patient 0057, Sep 4, 2003

  3. "Ben Dover - Mental Patient 0057"
    <-Hospital.com> wrote in message
    > you've got a lot of cleaning up to do.
    > that red cell has so many font tags, div tags, br tags, etc.
    > then, you need to set the td tags width to a number for example
    > width="1"
    > the small cell just below the red cell needs to have the same width
    > setting.
    >
    > if the cell above is 10pixels wide and the bottom one is 1 pixel wide,
    > then the border will take the larger of the two.
    > and with the same settings, if the bottom one has the word "computer"
    > then the border will take the width of "computer" because it will be
    > more than 10 pixels.
    >
    > you should try your experiment on a clean piece of paper (a new blank
    > html file) makes your life easier.
    >

    > ={ Advocated }= wrote:
    > >
    > > Hey there, on here:
    > > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.jones13/Test/index2diffcol.htm
    > >
    > > If you look, you will see the red cell, ive coloured this to show the
    > > problem, and have turned on borders to see too. Thing is i want that one
    > > cell to be really small in width, but it just wont go any smaller.., Any
    > > ideas?
    > >
    > > apreciate the help

    For some reaason though it wont allow me to enter a size for the width of
    that cell once ive clicked on it :S

    I was messing in dreamweaver, and it actually looks like its gone smaller,
    but when viewed, its Mahhosive!!!!
    ={ Advocated }=, Sep 4, 2003
  4. ={ Advocated }=

    Els Guest

    ={ Advocated }= wrote:

    > Hey there, on here:
    > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.jones13/Test/index2diffcol.htm
    >
    > If you look, you will see the red cell, ive coloured this to show the
    > problem, and have turned on borders to see too. Thing is i want that one
    > cell to be really small in width, but it just wont go any smaller.., Any
    > ideas?

    Maybe you could try to define a width for that cell? Now all
    you defined, is colspan=2.
    Also, the other cells, their width being set to resp. 5%,
    55%, 31% and 7%, always will leave 2% for your red cell...
    unless it's content is bigger than that.

    But if this red cell has to be so small in width, why does
    it have
    face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><strong><em>
    inside of it?

    --
    Els

    Mente humana é como pára-quedas; funciona melhor aberta.
    Els, Sep 4, 2003
  5. ={ Advocated }=

    Els Guest

    ={ Advocated }= wrote:

    > For some reaason though it wont allow me to enter a size for the width of
    > that cell once ive clicked on it :S

    I don't know Dreamweaver, but it could be because of the
    colspan=2? Take the colspan=2 out, change the colspan=4 in
    the other cels to colspan=3, and I guess you would be
    'allowed' to set a width to the cell then.

    Els, Sep 4, 2003
  6. ={ Advocated }=

    Els Guest

    ={ Advocated }= wrote:

    > Superb, removed the colspan 2, and changed colspan 4 to 3.. Works fine :)
    >
    > Thanks
    > What exactly has that done tho?

    If you don't understand that, please, please, please, read
    any (*any*) instruction on html first, before you try
    anything more ;-)
    You didn't build this table, did you?

    Els, Sep 5, 2003
  7. "Els" <> wrote in message
    > ={ Advocated }= wrote:
    >
    > > Superb, removed the colspan 2, and changed colspan 4 to 3.. Works fine

    :)

    > > Thanks
    > > What exactly has that done tho?

    > If you don't understand that, please, please, please, read
    > any (*any*) instruction on html first, before you try
    > anything more ;-)
    > You didn't build this table, did you?
    >
    > --
    > Els
    >
    > Mente humana é como pára-quedas; funciona melhor aberta.

    Yea i did build the table, all im doing at the moment is playing around with
    dreamweaver, just testing things, and seeing what things do.
    ={ Advocated }=, Sep 5, 2003
  8. ={ Advocated }=

    Els Guest

    ={ Advocated }= wrote:

    > "Els" wrote:
    >
    >>={ Advocated }= wrote:
    >>
    >>>Superb, removed the colspan 2, and changed colspan 4 to 3.. Works fine

    > :)
    >
    >>>Thanks
    >>>What exactly has that done tho?

    >>If you don't understand that, please, please, please, read
    >>any (*any*) instruction on html first, before you try
    >>anything more ;-)
    >>You didn't build this table, did you?

    > Yea i did build the table, all im doing at the moment is playing around with
    > dreamweaver, just testing things, and seeing what things do.

    Why did you make that cell two columns wide then, if you
    needed it so narrow? Well, anyway, you can't set a width to
    a cell which already has a width defined, by the two columns
    it consists of. Only you hadn't defined the width of
    either column, so maybe that's why you didn't see it's
    logic. ;-)

    But I will repeat myself here: please do read a basic
    instruction on html, before you 'play around' with
    Dreamweaver...
    Also, if you have a problem with anything in your code, make
    a very simple copy of the stuff (take out anything
    superfluous, narrow it down to the problem,) to see where
    you went wrong. This also makes it easier for people here to
    go through your code and suggest corrections.

    Els, Sep 5, 2003