    is it worthwhile getting the Practice Exams
    if I already have the Bates/Sierra Study Guide?

    , Nov 15, 2006

  2. Chris Brat Guest

    do practice exams - it can't hurt.

    Chris Brat, Nov 15, 2006

    I was wondering if there was duplication between the two?

    Chris Brat wrote:
    > do practice exams - it can't hurt.

    , Nov 15, 2006

    There are lots of great free pracitce exams. You should probably do
    them first.

    Are you studying for SCJA or SCJP? Head First Java is good for SCJP,
    but doesn't cover all the SCJA objectives.

    I have a few free online practice exams at my site. Check them out:
    www.scja.com

    It all comes down to your confidence. If you're not confident enough,
    take some exams.

    Cheers!

    -Cameron McKenzie
    Author of the SCJA Certification Guide and What is WebSphere?

    Certification Resources: www.examscam.com
    Free WebSphere Tutorials: www.pulpjava.com
    Free Mock Java Certification Exams: www.scja.com
    Free J2EE and Java Multimedia Tutorials: www.mcnz.com

  5. Chris Brat Guest

    There may be duplication but in my experience I usually found at least
    one question that was either worded differently or made me think about
    that question from a different angle.

    Different practice exams also help to avoid getting caught in the trap
    of recognizing the patterns of the questions with their answers -
    subtle changes to the wording can seriously change the meaning.

    Chris Brat, Nov 16, 2006