    write my own??
    (If I can find the time)

    James(UkJay)

    UkJay, Aug 15, 2006

  2. UkJay

    Guest

    "UkJay" <> wrote:
    > I'm getting cheesed off with the pathetic attemps from hackers trying
    > to find this script.

    This script being cgi-bin/guestbook.pl? Please put the body of your
    message in the body of your message.

    > Has anyone written a simple tasty version that deletes files?

    No. Why would I want to respond to someone trying to hack my computer
    by deleting my own files?

    Xho

    Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

    , Aug 16, 2006

  3. UkJay

    Matt Garrish Guest

    UkJay wrote:

    > I'm getting cheesed off with the pathetic attemps from hackers trying
    > to find this script.

    I'm not sure I follow. If they're pathetic attempts then why don't you
    just put measures in place to stop them? A simple captcha for instance
    will stop most bots.

    > Has anyone written a simple tasty version that deletes files?

    I try not to eat my code. Empty calories.

    > I don't think a warning would help, or should I just keep quiet and
    > write my own??

    Huh? You need to make connections between statements.

    > (If I can find the time)

    Now that I don't feel the least bit of sympathy for. We all have day
    jobs, except one moron who seems to have disappeared of late. Have you
    tried the NMS scripts?

    Matt

    Matt Garrish, Aug 16, 2006
  4. UkJay

    Tintin Guest

    "UkJay" <> wrote in message
    > I'm getting cheesed off with the pathetic attemps from hackers trying
    > to find this script.

    "This script" being guestbook.pl. Where did you get guestbook.pl from?

    > Has anyone written a simple tasty version that deletes files?

    Deletes what files?

    > I don't think a warning would help, or should I just keep quiet and
    > write my own??

    Write your own and come back here if you need help with specific components.

    Tintin, Aug 16, 2006
  5. UkJay

    John Bokma Guest

    "UkJay" <> wrote:

    > I'm getting cheesed off with the pathetic attemps from hackers trying
    > to find this script.

    Just use mod_rewrite to return a forbidden, or to redirect the culprit to
    some other location.

    > Has anyone written a simple tasty version that deletes files?

    They call in on your server. You really want to delete files on your
    server?

    > I don't think a warning would help, or should I just keep quiet and
    > write my own??

    Ignore it, or return a forbidden, see:
    http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2005/01/11/

    --