cgi-bin/guestbook.pl

UkJay

I'm getting cheesed off with the pathetic attemps from hackers trying
to find this script.
Has anyone written a simple tasty version that deletes files?
I don't think a warning would help, or should I just keep quiet and
write my own??
(If I can find the time)

James(UkJay)

xhoster

UkJay said:
I'm getting cheesed off with the pathetic attemps from hackers trying
to find this script.

This script being cgi-bin/guestbook.pl? Please put the body of your
message in the body of your message.
Has anyone written a simple tasty version that deletes files?

No. Why would I want to respond to someone trying to hack my computer
by deleting my own files?

Xho

Matt Garrish

UkJay said:
I'm getting cheesed off with the pathetic attemps from hackers trying
to find this script.

I'm not sure I follow. If they're pathetic attempts then why don't you
just put measures in place to stop them? A simple captcha for instance
will stop most bots.
Has anyone written a simple tasty version that deletes files?

I try not to eat my code. Empty calories.
I don't think a warning would help, or should I just keep quiet and
write my own??

Huh? You need to make connections between statements.
(If I can find the time)

Now that I don't feel the least bit of sympathy for. We all have day
jobs, except one moron who seems to have disappeared of late. Have you
tried the NMS scripts?

Matt

Tintin

UkJay said:
I'm getting cheesed off with the pathetic attemps from hackers trying
to find this script.

"This script" being guestbook.pl. Where did you get guestbook.pl from?
Has anyone written a simple tasty version that deletes files?

Deletes what files?
I don't think a warning would help, or should I just keep quiet and
write my own??

Write your own and come back here if you need help with specific components.

John Bokma

UkJay said:
I'm getting cheesed off with the pathetic attemps from hackers trying
to find this script.

Just use mod_rewrite to return a forbidden, or to redirect the culprit to
some other location.
Has anyone written a simple tasty version that deletes files?

They call in on your server. You really want to delete files on your
server?
I don't think a warning would help, or should I just keep quiet and
write my own??

Ignore it, or return a forbidden, see:
http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2005/01/11/