Changing the Namespace URI used for incoming SOAP requests

David Clegg

We have a situation where we deployed a new version of a web service
which also changed the default namespace URI from 'tempuri.org' to a
custom one used by our other web services. While I sent notification
out to all potential client consumers, I am still getting requests
using tempuri.org as the namespace URI, causing the client requests to
fail.

I was thinking I could implement a custom SoapExtension and change the
URI in the soap request before it is processed, but this doesn't work.
Even though I can successfully change the value of the packet before it
is deserialized, it is too late for the request routing logic to
recognize that the namespace URI has been changed, and so the request
still fails.

Initially I got excited when I saw the SoapMessage.Action property, but
this is read-only. Is there anyway to do what I'm attempting to
achieve, or am I simply stuck with waiting for all clients to update
the namespace URI they use for their method calls to my web service?

--
Cheers,
David Clegg

QualityCentral. The best way to bug CodeGear about bugs.
http://qc.codegear.com

"Hey, we didn't have a message on our answering machine when we left.
How very odd." - Homer Simpson