Changing the Namespace URI used for incoming SOAP requests

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by David Clegg, May 5, 2008.

  1. David Clegg

    David Clegg Guest

    We have a situation where we deployed a new version of a web service
    which also changed the default namespace URI from 'tempuri.org' to a
    custom one used by our other web services. While I sent notification
    out to all potential client consumers, I am still getting requests
    using tempuri.org as the namespace URI, causing the client requests to
    fail.

    I was thinking I could implement a custom SoapExtension and change the
    URI in the soap request before it is processed, but this doesn't work.
    Even though I can successfully change the value of the packet before it
    is deserialized, it is too late for the request routing logic to
    recognize that the namespace URI has been changed, and so the request
    still fails.

    Initially I got excited when I saw the SoapMessage.Action property, but
    this is read-only. Is there anyway to do what I'm attempting to
    achieve, or am I simply stuck with waiting for all clients to update
    the namespace URI they use for their method calls to my web service?

    --
    Cheers,
    David Clegg

    http://cc.codegear.com/Author/72299

    QualityCentral. The best way to bug CodeGear about bugs.
    http://qc.codegear.com

    "Hey, we didn't have a message on our answering machine when we left.
    How very odd." - Homer Simpson
    David Clegg, May 5, 2008