    control is installed.

    If you have any links or suggestions I would appreciated them.

    Thanks.

    Jay Douglas, Mar 15, 2005

  2. Jay Douglas

    Scott Allen Guest

    When you use the <object> tag and the browser cannot create the
    control, it will instead display any HTML markup you have inside.

    For example, try something like:

    <OBJECT CLASSID="...">
    <SPAN STYLE="color:red">To install this control...
    </SPAN>
    </OBJECT>

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Mar 15, 2005

  3. You can do something like
    if(Request.Browser.ActiveXControl)
    {
    Response.Write("<script>var obj = server.createobject("customcontrol");
    if (obj == null) alert('need control blahble')</script>");

    }
    roughly
    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP], Mar 16, 2005