checkbox on usercontrol not posting back

TS

i have autopostback = true. Looking at the html source generated, the
checkbox doesn't have any onchange javascript, so its never going to post
itself back. I have other controls on the page that do postback
automatically.

anyone know what is missing?

set up:
On the page i have custom datalist that adds the user control
onItemDataBound. I don't know if this makes a difference. I have other
composite server controls loaded into the datalist as well, and their
DropDowns fire on autopostback. This is the only user control i am loading,
so its peculiar.

thanks