close all the frames to open a page in the current window

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Matt, Oct 24, 2003.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    I created a html page with 3 frames: left, top, and body. The problem is
    when there is a link such as <A HREF="otherpage.htm">Close all the frames to
    open this page</A> in b.htm, it will close all the frames and open
    otherpage.htm in the current window without any frames. Any ideas? Please
    advise! Thanks!

    <frameset rows="15%,85%">

    <frame name=top src="a.htm">
    <frameset cols="10%,90%">
    <frame name=leftmenu src="b.htm" target="content">
    <frame name=content src="c.htm">

    </frameset>
    </frameset>

    Matt, Oct 24, 2003

  2. Matt

    rf Guest

    "Matt" <> wrote in message
    > I created a html page with 3 frames: left, top, and body. The problem is
    > when there is a link such as <A HREF="otherpage.htm">Close all the frames

    > open this page</A> in b.htm, it will close all the frames and open
    > otherpage.htm in the current window without any frames. Any ideas? Please
    > advise! Thanks!

    <A HREF="otherpage.htm" target="top">

    However frames are obsolete.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 25, 2003

  3. Matt

    rf Guest

    "rf" <> wrote in message

    > "Matt" <> wrote in message
    > > I created a html page with 3 frames: left, top, and body. The problem is
    > > when there is a link such as <A HREF="otherpage.htm">Close all the

    frames
    > > open this page</A> in b.htm, it will close all the frames and open
    > > otherpage.htm in the current window without any frames. Any ideas?

    Please
    > > advise! Thanks!

    > <A HREF="otherpage.htm" target="top">

    Oops.