open a link in wrong frame

Matt

I created a html page with 3 frames: left, top, and body. The problem
is when there is a link such as <A HREF="otherpage.htm">Open this page
in content frame</A> in b.htm, it opens the link in leftmenu frame,
not in content frame. Any ideas??

<frameset rows="15%,85%">

<frame name=top src="a.htm">
<frameset cols="10%,90%">
<frame name=leftmenu src="b.htm" target="content">
<frame name=content src="c.htm">

</frameset>
</frameset>

Wim de Koning Gans

Matt said:
I created a html page with 3 frames: left, top, and body. The problem
is when there is a link such as <A HREF="otherpage.htm">Open this page
in content frame</A> in b.htm, it opens the link in leftmenu frame,
not in content frame. Any ideas??

<frameset rows="15%,85%">

<frame name=top src="a.htm">
<frameset cols="10%,90%">
<frame name=leftmenu src="b.htm" target="content">
<frame name=content src="c.htm">

</frameset>
</frameset>

target="content" should be added to the link (<A HREF="otherpage.htm"
target="content">) if you want otherpage.htm to display in your content
frame. If you want it to display in a new window, use (<A
HREF="otherpage.htm" target="_blank">). If you don't want it in a new
window but in the current window without frames, use (<A
HREF="otherpage.htm" target="_top">.

Jefferson Kirkland

Make sure that in the file 'b.htm', that in the <head></head> section
you have the following line:

<base target="content">

If it is not there, that is what is causing your problem. You have to
tell the browser in the page that is loaded what your base target is
for any displayed links.

Regards,

jlk