close model form after database update

Guest

I have a page (pop-up) that I modal to add new users to a system. My problem.
I have an Add User Button pn the pop-up, and when pressed it post back and
reloads the "Add User" page (pop-up) as a regular page, not the pop-up. What
I want to have happen is when the user press the add user button, the pop-up
(modal to page) is closed and then the parent page datagrid is updated with
the added user.

Can someone give me direction on how to do that, or the proper technique
when performing an operation such as this from ASP.NET, with VB.NET?

Thank you

Bruce Barker

this is an IE feature. the standard work around to allow a modal dialog to
postback to the same window, is to host the postback page in an frameset.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

Hi Bruce. I ended up discarding the pop-up/modal. I just put links from page
to page and it works fine. I do see what you are saying, I found it out the
hard way. But hey, that's how you learn.

Thanks a lot.