    Event ID: 26
    Date: 1/5/2006
    Time: 3:59:19 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: WEBSRV3
    Application popup: gwsend.exe - Application Error : The application failed
    to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the
    application.

    This sounds like a permissions issue, so what user do I use and where do I
    set it to make this work.

    I am getting the error on the Server (where I want it to run)
    Windows 2000 SP3, IIS5, FrontPage Server Extension 2002

    Thank you,

    Rodger
    Rodger, Jan 5, 2006

  2. Why on earth are you sending mail like that?!

    Is J: a local drive?

    Make sure IUSR_WEBSRV3 has permission to gwsend.exe. Also, as I'm not
    familiar with that command line tool, if that uses any sort of a temp
    directory, make sure that IUSR_WEBSRV3 has permission to write to it.

    Ray at home

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Jan 6, 2006

  3. Rodger

    Rodger Guest

    Ray,

    It was not my first choice to send it this way. I was using CDONTS, but due
    to some incomparability issues I am trying a very basic way. At least that
    is what I thought this would be.

    J: is a network drive that the machine has rights to, I will look to see if
    IUSR_WEBSRV3 has permission. Even if I have the file local to the machine I
    get the same error. I have even placed a copy of the file within the site.
    I gave IUSR_WEBSRV3 full permissions for the entire site and still no luck.
    IUSR_WEBSRV3 has write permission to the temp directory.

    Rodger at work

    message news:e%...

    &

    Rodger, Jan 6, 2006
  4. Have you considered porting your CDONTS code to CDOSYS (that is CDO for
    windows 2000)?

    AnthonyWJones, Jan 6, 2006
  5. consider trying to send the email using CDOSYS. It will probably be a lot
    easier and unless your using NT 4 your server probably has it available for
    use.

    http://www.powerasp.com/content/new/sending_email_cdosys.asp

    http://www.powerasp.com/content/new/self_submitting_contact_form_using_cdosys.asp

    Kyle Peterson, Jan 6, 2006
  6. Rodger

    Rodger Guest

    OK I am sending mail that way as well and that is not the problem. The
    problem is with an agent that is running on the mail client. When an email
    is sent to our HELP Desk the agent reads the mail and then creates a HELP
    Desk ticket from it. The problem is sending it as plain text. The email I
    used to send was all HTML and the agent chokes on it and stops working. It
    only happens when this certain email is generated, I tried sending the email
    as palin text and that did not help. It was then suggested to me that I use
    GWSend, and that is why I am wanting to do this. my CDOSYS/CDNOTS works
    like a champ. It is only the SHELL command I am having an issue with . . .
    .. . .

    Rodger, Jan 6, 2006