    very little material on the subject.

    (Apologies to mainstream database and java guys for how specific this is).

    John

    John, May 17, 2004

  2. John wrote:
    > Does anyone have experience of using these two technologies together for
    > CMP with EJBs? I am having difficulties getting capture-schema to work
    > with deploytool (I suspect the blame is at MaxDB's door) and there is
    > very little material on the subject.
    >
    > (Apologies to mainstream database and java guys for how specific this is).
    >
    > John

    Try activating the JDBC trace of the MaxDB driver:
    http://sapdb.2scale.net/moin.cgi/JdbcTrace

    Look for any exceptions in the resulting trace. Common errors are
    - the application doesn't quote case sensitive identifiers properly
    - the driver returns catalog information in a format different from the
    one the application expects

    You could also try the Oracle compatibility mode.

    Daniel

    Daniel Dittmar, May 17, 2004

  3. John

    John Guest

    Daniel Dittmar wrote:
    > John wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone have experience of using these two technologies together
    >> for CMP with EJBs? I am having difficulties getting capture-schema to
    >> work with deploytool (I suspect the blame is at MaxDB's door) and
    >> there is very little material on the subject.
    >>
    >> (Apologies to mainstream database and java guys for how specific this
    >> is).
    >>
    >> John

    > Try activating the JDBC trace of the MaxDB driver:
    > http://sapdb.2scale.net/moin.cgi/JdbcTrace
    >
    > Look for any exceptions in the resulting trace. Common errors are
    > - the application doesn't quote case sensitive identifiers properly
    > - the driver returns catalog information in a format different from the
    > one the application expects
    >
    > You could also try the Oracle compatibility mode.
    >
    > Daniel

    Using the trace allowed me to diagnose the problem within 30 minutes. It
    turns out that the jdbc driver wasn't capturing primary key information
    at all. A quick edit-recompile of the jdbc driver ( benefits of open
    source) and the schema was generated fine. A bit of messing around (90
    mins) with deploytool to make sure that many-many mappings were working,
    and an increase to the MaxDB connection pool size was all that was
    required to get this app deployed and working.

    Thanks for your help Daniel, I was about to give up and start work on a
    Gentoo box with PostgreSQL!

    John

    John, May 18, 2004