CMP with MaxDB and Sun Appserver

John

Does anyone have experience of using these two technologies together for
CMP with EJBs? I am having difficulties getting capture-schema to work
with deploytool (I suspect the blame is at MaxDB's door) and there is
very little material on the subject.

(Apologies to mainstream database and java guys for how specific this is).

John

Daniel Dittmar

John said:
Does anyone have experience of using these two technologies together for
CMP with EJBs? I am having difficulties getting capture-schema to work
with deploytool (I suspect the blame is at MaxDB's door) and there is
very little material on the subject.

(Apologies to mainstream database and java guys for how specific this is).

John

Try activating the JDBC trace of the MaxDB driver:
http://sapdb.2scale.net/moin.cgi/JdbcTrace

Look for any exceptions in the resulting trace. Common errors are
- the application doesn't quote case sensitive identifiers properly
- the driver returns catalog information in a format different from the
one the application expects

You could also try the Oracle compatibility mode.

Daniel

John

Daniel said:
Try activating the JDBC trace of the MaxDB driver:
http://sapdb.2scale.net/moin.cgi/JdbcTrace

Look for any exceptions in the resulting trace. Common errors are
- the application doesn't quote case sensitive identifiers properly
- the driver returns catalog information in a format different from the
one the application expects

You could also try the Oracle compatibility mode.

Daniel

Using the trace allowed me to diagnose the problem within 30 minutes. It
turns out that the jdbc driver wasn't capturing primary key information
at all. A quick edit-recompile of the jdbc driver ( benefits of open
source) and the schema was generated fine. A bit of messing around (90
mins) with deploytool to make sure that many-many mappings were working,
and an increase to the MaxDB connection pool size was all that was
required to get this app deployed and working.

Thanks for your help Daniel, I was about to give up and start work on a
Gentoo box with PostgreSQL!

John