    --
    Regards,
    Gary Blakely
    GaryDean, Jul 1, 2007

  2. Hi Gary,

    From your description, you're building a custom web management application
    which can help user configure the membership user & role info of the
    application. Currently, you're wondering how to add the "access
    rule"(authorization) management into the system, correct?

    As for the "access rules", it is actually persisted as <authorization>
    setting in application's web.config file, so if you want to provide service
    to programmatically manage this setting, you need to also programmatically
    change the web.config file. In .net framework 2.0, you can utilize the
    configuration API to do this. And the "<authorization> section is
    associated with the System.Web.Configuratrion.AuthorizationSection class.

    #AuthorizationSection Class
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.configuration.authorizat
    ionsection.aspx

    You can use code to open the configuration object of the specified path in
    your application and then locate the "AuthorizationSection" and manage
    rules in it.

    Hope this helps.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng