COM deadlocks under W2k but under NT 4.0

Steve

I have ASP code that calls a COM module to perform
encryption functions. The code and COM modules have been
working great for two years on an two differnt NT 4.0,
Pentium Pro boxes. I have migrated the ASP and com module
to a W2K/Athlon box. All but one critical function in the
com module work as before. When I execute this function
from an ASP web page, it causes the DLLHOST.exe and
LSASS.exe programs to use all available CPU time (for
days). The failing function generates a KEY and normally
takes about 350 msec to run (on the PPro system). All the
other functions encrypt, decrypt and load key work fine.

I am running IIS 5.0 and W2K SP 4.0. The com module is
mine and I have written a VB6 routine that uses the object
created by the COM module and all functions work when
called from the VB6 program. Why does this one function
fail when called from an ASP web page?

Steve