    Allen

    Less Spam Better enjoyable experience
    Visit : news://spacesst.com
    Allen, Jun 30, 2009

  2. On Jun 30, 3:51 am, "Allen" <> wrote:
    > I have a problem; I hope someone can help me.  I have  MS Visual c++

    You posted in the wrong group.
    Alexey Smirnov, Jun 30, 2009

  3. Allen

    Patrice Guest

    Yes, IMO this is just that your last changed doesn't make it into the binary
    file... Check for example the date/time of your build to check that it is
    current. You likely run not what you just have build but some earlier EXE
    file...

    --
    Patrice

    discussion : ...

    Patrice, Jun 30, 2009
  4. Allen

    Allen Guest

    Thanks a lot Patrice
    Your are right, but there is special procedure to solve this problem. May
    be something has to be done to synchronize the binary and the others files

    --
    Thanks
    Allen

    Allen, Jul 1, 2009
  5. Allen

    Patrice Guest

    It should just work. Do you have customized your build process ? Do you use
    the proper EXE file (debug vs release) in case you don't launch from VS ? Do
    you use the proper option on the various file (copy to the output directory)
    ? Precompiled header issue ? Does it produce this effect regardless of which
    source file you have changed ? have you tried to rebuild all and restart
    from there ?

    A tool such as filemon from sysinternals could allow to check the file
    activity and see where it fails or just check the archive (possibly on
    google) to see if you find out the previous response you got...

    I never had this problem myself...

    Patrice, Jul 2, 2009
  6. Allen

    Allen Guest

    HI Patrice,
    I appreciate your efforts. There is some where we have to go and do some
    setting. I went through this before.

    Allen, Jul 3, 2009
  7. Allen

    Lloyd Sheen Guest

    "Allen" <> wrote in message
    > HI Patrice,
    > I appreciate your efforts. There is some where we have to go and do some
    > setting. I went through this before.
    >
    > --
    > Thanks
    > Allen
    > "Patrice" <http://scribe-en.blogspot.com/> wrote in message
    >> It should just work. Do you have customized your build process ? Do you
    >> use the proper EXE file (debug vs release) in case you don't launch from
    >> VS ? Do you use the proper option on the various file (copy to the output
    >> directory) ? Precompiled header issue ? Does it produce this effect
    >> regardless of which source file you have changed ? have you tried to
    >> rebuild all and restart from there ?
    >>
    >> A tool such as filemon from sysinternals could allow to check the file
    >> activity and see where it fails or just check the archive (possibly on
    >> google) to see if you find out the previous response you got...
    >>
    >> I never had this problem myself...
    >>
    >> --
    >> Patrice
    >>

    >> "Allen" <> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
    >> discussion : ...
    >>> Thanks a lot Patrice
    >>> Your are right, but there is special procedure to solve this problem.
    >>> May be something has to be done to synchronize the binary and the others
    >>> files
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Allen
    >>> "Patrice" <http://scribe-en.blogspot.com/> wrote in message

    Allen,

    I remember that I had that problem many times on VS 2003. I have not
    used it for years but is there a Clean menu item in the Project menu? If so
    that is what I had to use to get past the problem.

    Hope this helps
    LS
    Lloyd Sheen, Jul 3, 2009
  8. Allen

    Allen Guest

    Hi LS,
    appreciate you answer,but

    You said "is there a Clean menu item in the Project menu? "
    I do not understand what you mean.

    Please give more details

    --
    Thanks
    Allen

    Allen, Jul 3, 2009
  9. Allen

    Lloyd Sheen Guest

    "Allen" <> wrote in message
    > Hi LS,
    > appreciate you answer,but
    >
    > You said "is there a Clean menu item in the Project menu? "
    > I do not understand what you mean.
    >
    > Please give more details
    >
    > --
    > Thanks
    > Allen
    > "Lloyd Sheen" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Allen" <> wrote in message
    >>> HI Patrice,
    >>> I appreciate your efforts. There is some where we have to go and do
    >>> some setting. I went through this before.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Allen
    >>> "Patrice" <http://scribe-en.blogspot.com/> wrote in message

    >> Allen,
    >>
    >> I remember that I had that problem many times on VS 2003. I have not
    >> used it for years but is there a Clean menu item in the Project menu? If
    >> so that is what I had to use to get past the problem.
    >>
    >> Hope this helps
    >> LS

    I had problems with asp.net in VS 2003 leaving lots of "garbage" although it
    never said what exactly it was. There is a method to "clean" out the files
    created in previous builds. I don't have VS 2003 installed and haven't used
    it for years but I remember one service pack added the command to clean the
    project getting rid of those files and fixing the problem which seems to
    have the source and the execution not in sync.

    LS
    Lloyd Sheen, Jul 3, 2009
  10. Allen

    Allen Guest

    Thank you Lloyd,

    I have "clean" on the main menu, but it will not do any good. I notice
    something else. When building the program and if there is an error, the
    pointer on the left margin will point to the wrong line of code.

    Allen, Jul 4, 2009
  11. Allen

    Lloyd Sheen Guest

    "Allen" <> wrote in message
    > Thank you Lloyd,
    >
    > I have "clean" on the main menu, but it will not do any good. I notice
    > something else. When building the program and if there is an error, the
    > pointer on the left margin will point to the wrong line of code.
    >
    > --
    > Thanks
    > Allen
    > "Lloyd Sheen" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Allen" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi LS,
    >>> appreciate you answer,but
    >>>
    >>> You said "is there a Clean menu item in the Project menu? "
    >>> I do not understand what you mean.
    >>>
    >>> Please give more details
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Allen
    >>> "Lloyd Sheen" <> wrote in message

    >> I had problems with asp.net in VS 2003 leaving lots of "garbage" although
    >> it never said what exactly it was. There is a method to "clean" out the
    >> files created in previous builds. I don't have VS 2003 installed and
    >> haven't used it for years but I remember one service pack added the
    >> command to clean the project getting rid of those files and fixing the
    >> problem which seems to have the source and the execution not in sync.
    >>
    >> LS

    One other thing you can check is that the source code file is saved when you
    compile. Again I don't have VS 2003 but I think that is an option. If it
    was not on then the compiler (which is only going to deal with saved files)
    could be out of sync.

    LS
    Lloyd Sheen, Jul 4, 2009
  12. Allen

    Allen Guest

    Hi LS,

    I am pretty sure that the file is saved. Because any changes that I made
    will become valid in the next build.

    Allen, Jul 5, 2009