Compilation Error: BC31019: Unable to write to output file

Marc Speed

I have a windows server 2003 machine that cannot run any aspx pages. The
pages are created on my XP machine and run fine on two other servers but
this server keeps giving me the following error:

Compiler Error Message: BC31019: Unable to write to output file
'C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\xxxxnet\eb34155e\10c7e9e7\hw1yiyhj.dll': The directory name is
invalid.

I have tried rebooting, restarting IIS, reinstalling the V1.1 framework,
running the website as an admin account, checked the permissions on the
Temporary ASP.NET Files folder...

I have removed the subfolders in Temporary ASP.NET Files folder and tried to
browse to the .aspx pages and the .dll files that are in the error message
do not exist at all. There are some files in the Temporary ASP.NET Files
folder but it never builds the .dll. It seems to be missing some .xml files
that are in that folder on my machine as well.

Any ideas?