Compile on windows

Ronn Ross

Hello all,

I'm running Ruby on windows xp. I made changes to the keywords file and
would like to recompile the Ruby source to see my changes. How do I
recompile Ruby source on windows?

Thanks in advance

Nobuyoshi Nakada

Hi,

At Wed, 30 Jul 2008 23:58:54 +0900,
Ronn Ross wrote in [ruby-talk:309582]:
I'm running Ruby on windows xp. I made changes to the keywords file and
would like to recompile the Ruby source to see my changes. How do I
recompile Ruby source on windows?

1. install cygwin including necessary packages: autoconf,
binutils, bison, gcc, gcc-mingw, gperf, make and
mingw-runtime,

2. make build directory under the source directory,
chdir ruby/src/
mkdir i386-mingw32
chdir i386-mingw32

3. run configure with CC='gcc -mno-cygwin',
../configure CC='gcc -mno-cygwin'

4. compile and install
make all install DESTDIR=x:/path/to/install

Note that you need gperf command because you changed keywords.