    to figure out what causes this but to no avail. Could anyone help?

    Thanks
    Bob

    BH, Jul 16, 2003

  2. Try selecting the reference to the dll in solution explorer - resources and
    then view its properties. Is the "CopyLocal" property set to true?

    --
    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer / Programmer

    Free Code Library At:
    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzche

    "BH" <> wrote in message
    > I'm working on several ASP.NET projects at the same time. I have a

    separate
    > web server and each has its own solution folder on my local PC. The

    strange
    > thing I noticed is that one of the projects, when compiled in VS.NET,
    > doesn't automatically update the DLL on the server. Instead, the DLL just
    > sits in the VSWebCache on my local PC. However, the other projects I;m
    > working on don't have this problem. I have spent quite a bit of time

    trying

    S. Justin Gengo, Jul 16, 2003

  3. BH

    BH Guest

    Justin, I checked what you mentioned below. It's not the DLLs my project
    references I'm talking about and I'm not using anything other than the .NET
    framework DLLs.

    It's the DLL output from this project that's not copied. That is, when you
    compile an ASP.NET application, the enitre web application is compiled into
    a DLL in the /bin folder, however, in one of my projects, the build process
    in VS.NET doesn't automatically copy the newly compiled DLL to the server.

    Thanks
    Bob

    BH, Jul 17, 2003
  4. Ok, that's a new one to me. I have no idea why that would occur!

    --
    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer / Programmer

    Free Code Library At:
    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzche

    S. Justin Gengo, Jul 17, 2003
  5. BH

    sampsons Guest

    I had this same problem, it only occured in one Solution -- One that I
    originally built using VS 2002, then opened in VS 2003.

    I called Micosoft and even talked to a TECH!!! a real TECH!!!

    Took a total of three days to come up with the only answer that worked -- I
    unistalled VS, and the Framework then reinstalled them both.

    A workaround that does work is to delete the .dll from Solution Explorer,
    then build solution, new .dll will be placed in bin...

    Severin

    sampsons, Jul 17, 2003