    4 skips unexpected on linux2:
    test_tcl test_dbm test_ssl test_bsddb

    Can someone tell me what packages I am missing?

    Rustom Mody, Nov 2, 2007

  2. Rustom Mody

    Carl Banks Guest

    On Nov 2, 8:24 am, "Rustom Mody" <> wrote:
    > Ive been trying to compile python 3000 on debian etch
    > And on running test I get:
    >
    > 4 skips unexpected on linux2:
    > test_tcl test_dbm test_ssl test_bsddb
    >
    > Can someone tell me what packages I am missing?

    Here is the home page for the Debian source package for Python 2.5--it
    lists the build dependencies.

    http://packages.debian.org/source/etch/python2.5

    These dependencies shouldn't be much different for Python 3.0. Be
    sure to use dev versions of libraries, the packages should have -dev
    on the end.

    Carl Banks

    Carl Banks, Nov 2, 2007

  3. Rustom Mody

    Guest

    On Nov 2, 6:56 pm, Carl Banks <> wrote:

    > Here is the home page for the Debian source package for Python 2.5--it
    > lists the build dependencies.
    >
    > http://packages.debian.org/source/etch/python2.5

    Ok Thanks
    With that help Ive got it down to this (output of (end of) make)

    Failed to find the necessary bits to build these modules:
    _bsddb _sha256 _sha512
    dbm

    Cant figure out what they are or where they should come from...

    , Nov 2, 2007