Compressing entire ASP.NET or WebService page

mtv

Hi all,

On server, I want to capture Web Service response after it serialized and
before being sent down to network for compression. On client, I want to
capture the compressed data before it's deserialized to uncompress it. Would
someone give me some pointers?

On server, how to catch the event after it's serialized? How to send the
compressed data out to client?

On client, how to capture the raw data before it's deserialized so I can
decompressed the data?

Thanks.

Mujtaba Syed

I don't know how to do this in in .NET 1.1 but in .NET 2.0 you can
decompress SOAP responses that have been compressed using IIS 6.0's new
compression feature:

class Proxy : SoapHttpClientProtocol
{
protected override System.Net.WebRequest GetWebRequest (Uri uri)
{
HttpWebRequest request = (HttpWebRequest) GetWebRequest (uri);
request.EnableDecompression = true;

return request;

Thanks,
Mujtaba.

Arthur Nesterovsky

Hi,
I don't know how to do this in in .NET 1.1 but in .NET 2.0 you can
decompress SOAP responses that have been compressed using IIS 6.0's new
compression feature:

In .NET 1.1 you have to create your own filter and attach it to
HttpRequest.Filter.
Just take a look at the corresponding topic in MSDN. To create the deflate
compressed stream you can use SharpZipLib library
(http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SharpZipLib/Default.aspx).