Get raw soap message

Jason Zhou

Anyone knows how to get the raw soap message that my client sends to the web
service?

Can I dump it somewhere after the soap message serialized on client side?

Can I dump it before it deserialized on server side?

Thanks in advance!

Jason

Shailesh Jannu

I guess you can write the soap extension to log the message at each steps.
There are many examples to write soap extension. Also try logging the
request and response using WSE 2.0.

Thanks
Shailesh

Jason Zhou

Shailesh,

By using soap extension, I got the soap message successfully, theanks for
the help. But I am wondering is there anyway I can go further, I mean the
whole outgoing message with HTTP header and soap action and etc?

Thanks!

Jason

Shailesh Jannu

yes. you can write your own isapi filter.

Jason Zhou said:
Shailesh,

By using soap extension, I got the soap message successfully, theanks for
the help. But I am wondering is there anyway I can go further, I mean the
whole outgoing message with HTTP header and soap action and etc?

Thanks!

Jason

steve terapak

Shailesh said:
yes. you can write your own isapi filter.

:
why don't you use on of the proxy tools ?? I remember MsSoap Toolkit
had a nice proxy tool which allowed you to see request and response.

steve