Configuration Error

Terry Holland

I'm getting an intermittant error on my development machine when I run my
ASP.Net app. If I reboot then things are fine for a couple of times then
error appears again. If I use a diff development machine I do not get the
error.

Any ideas?

The error message that I get is:

Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'CSLA'.

Source Error:

Line 196: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 197: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 198: <add assembly="*"/>
Line 199: </assemblies>
Line 200: </compilation>

Mohamed Sharaf

Hi Terry,

This could be because you are running the index service over this web
application. try to stop indexing this application (from IIS management
console, clear "Index this resource") or stop the index service to test if
you still get error or not.

Another cause for this could be because anti virus that blocks the ASP.NET
temporary folder.

HTH
Mohamed Sharaf
MEA Developer Support Center
ITWorx on behalf Microsoft EMEA GTSC
--------------------
| From: "Terry Holland" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Configuration Error
| Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:56:45 +0100
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| I'm getting an intermittant error on my development machine when I run my
| ASP.Net app. If I reboot then things are fine for a couple of times then
| error appears again. If I use a diff development machine I do not get the
| error.
|
| Any ideas?
|

| The error message that I get is:
|
| Configuration Error
file
| required to service this request. Please review the specific error details
| below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
|
| Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'CSLA'.
|
| Source Error:
|
| Line 196: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0,
| Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
| Line 197: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0,
| Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
| Line 198: <add assembly="*"/>
| Line 199: </assemblies>
| Line 200: </compilation>

Terry Holland

thank you. I looked and this option was set. I have removed and will test
today. What is this option for?

Terry Holland

This could be because you are running the index service over this web
application. try to stop indexing this application (from IIS management
console, clear "Index this resource") or stop the index service to test if
you still get error or not.

I removed this option but still get the error. The error always seems to
indicate that Access Denied to on of the assemblies that my project
references. It is not always the same one.
Another cause for this could be because anti virus that blocks the ASP.NET
temporary folder.

How would I get around this if this is the cause?

Mohamed Sharaf

Hi Terry,
To know precisely what is the process that cause this. I suggest to
use this tool http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Handle.html.
It can get the process that is using your refereced assemblies. If there's
no process uses them then most probably you are doing a lot of copying from
another location and the settings of your NTFS permissions are not set to
be inherited

HTH
Mohamed Sharaf
MEA Developer Support Center
ITWorx on behalf Microsoft EMEA GTSC
--------------------
| From: "Terry Holland" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Configuration Error
| Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 16:29:32 +0100
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| > This could be because you are running the index service over this web
| > application. try to stop indexing this application (from IIS management
| > console, clear "Index this resource") or stop the index service to test
if
| > you still get error or not.
|
| I removed this option but still get the error. The error always seems to
| indicate that Access Denied to on of the assemblies that my project
| references. It is not always the same one.
|
| > Another cause for this could be because anti virus that blocks the
ASP.NET
| > temporary folder.
|
| How would I get around this if this is the cause?
|

| > HTH
| > Mohamed Sharaf
| > MEA Developer Support Center
| > ITWorx on behalf Microsoft EMEA GTSC
| > --------------------
| > | From: "Terry Holland" <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: Configuration Error
| > | Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:56:45 +0100
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| > |
| > | I'm getting an intermittant error on my development machine when I run
| my
| > | ASP.Net app. If I reboot then things are fine for a couple of times
| then
| > | error appears again. If I use a diff development machine I do not get
| the
| > | error.
| > |
| > | Any ideas?
| > |
| > |
| > | The error message that I get is:
| > |
| > | Configuration Error
configuration
| > file
| > | required to service this request. Please review the specific error
| details
| > | below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
| > |
| > | Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'CSLA'.
| > |
| > | Source Error:
| > |
| > | Line 196: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices,
Version=1.0.5000.0,
| > | Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
| > | Line 197: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0,
| > | Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
| > | Line 198: <add assembly="*"/>
| > | Line 199: </assemblies>
| > | Line 200: </compilation>
| > |