Content MathML implementation?

Stefan Behnel

Hi!

I was looking for an implementation of a parser/model/serializer for Content
MathML in Python. Does anyone know about something useful?

I need to work with math expressions (arithmetic/bool), especially converting
them between different representations (Python, SQL), determining dependencies
on variables etc. And since my output format is Content MathML anyway, I
wanted to ask if someone has implemented this before I start doing so.

To make it clear: Presentation MathML does not help as it has a completely
different model that is not usable for my purpose.

Thanks for any hints,
Stefan

Robert Kern

Stefan said:
Hi!

I was looking for an implementation of a parser/model/serializer for Content
MathML in Python. Does anyone know about something useful?

I need to work with math expressions (arithmetic/bool), especially converting
them between different representations (Python, SQL), determining dependencies
on variables etc. And since my output format is Content MathML anyway, I
wanted to ask if someone has implemented this before I start doing so.

To make it clear: Presentation MathML does not help as it has a completely
different model that is not usable for my purpose.

I've seen a Presentation MathML -> SVG renderer written in Python, but
that's about it. I'd be very interested in seeing a Content MathML model
(the parser and serializer parts can be any one of the various XML
modules), so keep us informed!

--
Robert Kern
(e-mail address removed)