    assembly.

    Anyone got any ideas what might be the problem here????

    Blue Frog
    Blue Frog, Oct 31, 2003

  2. Blue Frog

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    CLR loader algorithm works like this:

    1) Check if assembly reference got public key of strong name
    If key found CLR looks for the assembly in the GAC. if not found CLR
    looks in the executable directory (bin dir in ASP.NET case). if type not
    found in the local directory could not load type library throw by the
    CLR

    2) If assembly reference without public key the CLR looks for the
    assembly just in the local directory.

    Check that your assemblies meet that search path. If you can send the
    error message as seen on the browser.

    Natty Gur[MVP]
    Phone Numbers:
    Office: +972-(0)9-7740261