Could not load type 'test'.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Nigel Findlater, Jan 10, 2004.

  1. I have been using Visual Studio 2003 to generate aspx and
    aspx.vb file. On my development platform they all work
    fine, but when I load them on the server I get the
    message:

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'test'.

    Source Error:
    Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
    Codebehind="test.aspx.vb" Inherits="test"%>

    The source files where very simple, Does anyone know what
    went wrong?

    Nigel...

    Test.aspx:
    Codebehind="test.aspx.vb" Inherits="test"%>
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    </HEAD>
    </HTML>

    Test.aspx.vb
    Public Class Test
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

    End Class
    Nigel Findlater, Jan 10, 2004

  2. You need to copy the BIN folder as well on the server. In it you'll see the
    dll that holds the compiled version of what you've wrote.
    Have you done that?

    Branimir Giurov
    MCSD.NET, MCDBA
    eAgility LLC