    Hi. I have COM+ component installed on my XP. I have problem to create
    instance of it inside vbscript. How can I do it? The error I get is :
    ActiveX component can't create object. Thanks
    Michael, Apr 30, 2007

  2. Michael wrote:
    > Hi. I have COM+ component installed on my XP. I have problem to create
    > instance of it inside vbscript. How can I do it? The error I get is :
    > ActiveX component can't create object. Thanks

    Hard to say. Start here:
    http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/components/why-do-i-get-800401f3/800a01ad-errors.html

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Apr 30, 2007

  3. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Hi. I need the new solution. Following the ASP event process over to client
    vbscript where I have to create object of COM+ component installed on my
    computer. My web application will work only on local computer with supplied
    com+ components(they will registered by normal install process). I've got
    error when I use createobject function in client vbscript. By Creating
    object I will run 1 function which will return me string value. After then I
    need to continue work with same vbscript client function. I tried to make
    new asp file with "window.open" method. There i create object successful but
    don't know how to pass function result back to vbscript.
    here is some code of <name.asp> file
    <head>
    <script language=vbscript>
    sub func()
    ' Set path=CreateObject("Server.Report")
    ' previous line gave me an error

    ' new try
    window.open "createpath.asp?variable=<%=somevariable%>"
    ' here I need to get result
    end sub
    </script>
    </head>

    file createpath.asp

    <%
    dim myServer, newpath
    Set myServer = Server.CreateObject("Server.Report")
    newpath = myServer.GetReport(Request("variable")) ' if I do this way how
    to transfer new path back to sub func?
    %>

    Please help

    Michael, May 2, 2007