    Is there a way to draw charts from SQL Server Data using ASP.?Is it
    possible to use the SQL Reporting Services using ASp

    , Nov 2, 2005

  2. Larry Bud Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Is there a way to draw charts from SQL Server Data using ASP.?Is it
    > possible to use the SQL Reporting Services using ASp

    Displaying charts is not an ASP issue, it's a browser and display
    issue.

    The question is how do you want to do charts? Raw HTML using IMG tags,
    or do you want to get fancier and use Flash?

    If you're doing bar charts, that can easily be done in HTML using the
    IMG tag. Just take the largest value you're plotting, and make that a
    max # of pixels for the bar, say 500. Then everything is calculated as
    a percentage of the largest value.

    For anything else you really need to get a Flash component if you want
    to display it in the browser. I use Fusion Charts. works great, lots
    of different charts you can make.

    http://www.infosoftglobal.com/FusionCharts/

    Larry Bud, Nov 3, 2005

  3. Roland Hall Guest

    <> wrote in message
    : Hi All,
    :
    : Is there a way to draw charts from SQL Server Data using ASP.?Is it
    : possible to use the SQL Reporting Services using ASp

    A simple chart, no components.
    http://kiddanger.com/lab/ee/q_21472228.asp

    Let me know if you need source.

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */

    Roland Hall, Nov 4, 2005

    I've got a free barchart ASP class (no components) downloadable from my
    Web site at http://www.bullschmidt.com/barchart.asp to help turn data
    stored in a table (or SQL statement) into a barchart.

    To create a bar chart on a Web page you would include another Web page
    called jpschart.asp:
    <!--#include file="jpschart.asp"-->

    Also you may want to check out the following:

    Components: Graphics & Charts
    http://www.aspin.com/home/components/graphics
    Lists components.

    IntrChart - Graphing and Charting the Internet
    http://www.compsysaus.com.au/intrchart

    Best regards,
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

    , Nov 14, 2005