Critique food site please

Nik Coughlin

Nik said:
and text "generosity warmth" etc, there are other graphics on other
pages.
Revisiting, I see more different images than I had noticed before - so
less confused than I was.

Hi, thanks for looking. It picks the images on the page randomly

Nik Coughlin

Matt said:
As others I generally like it, nice clean, good food related colors.
Small issues. First, the leftmost menu item should be the home page.
Second, if you have the room there is no reason for the "generosity
... " to overlap the image. Third, the directory should have a menu of
some sort. Finally and weakest, I might experiment by putting a touch
of deeper, more primary colors. Food has a range of colors and if you
can get a bit of apple red and pepper green it would be great. I
suspect you can't do that and keep the clean look and the clean look
is more important, but the attempt might produce value.

Hi, thanks for your advice. The leftmost menu item is now the home page.
All the colours except for the blues were taken from food images, and the
blues were taken from sea/sky. I've added a menu to both the directory and
the testimonials page now.

Nik Coughlin

Nicolo said:
Nik Coughlin ha scritto:

Haiii! Haiiiiiii!!! Chottooooo!!! >_<

I do not really know the target level of the company and your level in
web production but:

I'm a software developer, the web stuff is a side thing.
- General visual guidelines are very far, close to Mars, clean but
very amateurish IMHO.

I don't understand. What do you mean by "guidelines are very far, close to
Mars"?
- Brand Logo on Venus as well, logo restyling is required IMHO

Someone else did the logo. Don't understand the "on Venus" reference though
:)
- Colors are quite good and quite bad at the same time, there are too
much colour and no really good connection between them. MULTI-IMHO
- I didn't any w3c check but ppls around said ok, so code is valid at
least :) It's a good start ;D W3C-IMHO

It's a very good work for amateur, acceptable-looking for novice
professional design, bad for skilled professional, "impossible to say"
for highly skilled award winning professional , make your choice :)

Thanks for you comments, do you think you could show me a couple of examples
of what are in your opinion professional pages?

Nicolo Nyo Armato

I do not really know the target level of the company and your level in
I'm a software developer, the web stuff is a side thing.

Now I see :)
I don't understand. What do you mean by "guidelines are very far, close to
Mars"?

Sorry for that.
No good visual concept, No good visual guidelines to follow, No Party.

Mars => Visual ideas are far beyond the Earth, that could be a good
thing, but in that case I mean the opposite level of an outstanding work.
Someone else did the logo.

That's good for you. :)
Don't understand the "on Venus" reference though
:)

As for Mars, the same for Venus. Brand Logo is millions of miles far
from good design, a logo isn't a kid illustration, some of the best ever
logos are quite simple concept "conceptual collection of lines and
curves" but anyway really effective for corporate indetity of the companies.
Thanks for you comments, do you think you could show me a couple of examples
of what are in your opinion professional pages?

Sure :D, there are a lot (thousands) of professional and clean visual
websites (often good-looking but not validated but that isn't the point,
depend on site birthdate and investments for restyling), one of the best
examples of corporate website is skype imho , one-main-color concept
(cyan), nice clean and soft layout, a little too complex logo but ok for
that company, nice ui design for the skype application as well...that's
way to go, at least for that target!... one of the best possible way to
go... for example about flash design I love shining and stunning
2advanced design...usually flash design is a must for fashion or games
websites, css zen garden is good too for the css design arts, create w3c
xml, xhtml, css... webpages is just one little part of website
projects... there are more than one world in web design, and hundreds of
targets.

However it's ok for a developer, as could be for a designer who code
poor-quality web applications. It very difficult to find highly skilled
designer and developer at the same time, it's not your fault, just an
honest work for a programmer, nothing more, nothing less.

My 2 cents
HTH

--
Minnasan, sayonara yo,
Nicolò Nyo Armato

www.nyosources.com
One-million parsec beyond the brain evolution, being a perfect guy,
learning everything and taking human lifestyle to the limit.

Leonard Blaisdell

Nicolo Nyo Armato said:
However it's ok for a developer, as could be for a designer who code
poor-quality web applications. It very difficult to find highly skilled
designer and developer at the same time, it's not your fault, just an
honest work for a programmer, nothing more, nothing less.

With <http://www.nyosources.com> as a cosmically inspired example.
Mama always told me that if I couldn't say something nice, don't say
anything at all. Mumble. *&??##!

leo

Nicolo Nyo Armato

Mama always told me that if I couldn't say something nice, don't say
anything at all. Mumble. *&??##!

Oh my, where am I? Toc, toc! It's critique usenet newsgroup, ne? xD

I'd like to do as you said, but a lot of peoples said that looks good
and clean so I cannot stop myself. IMHO yes it looks enough clean, valid
but amateurish, that's all. If no one speak about that, he probably will
continue to produce that kind of products because a lot of peoples think
the same as you, and I want to help him as best I can if today I can,
tomorrow I don't know... I'm sure he knows my goal was only give some
good advice in a little childish style about visual identity and design.

Take your eyes away from my signature and my personal site if you do not
like it, I know myself and my potential, highly skilled professionals
loves me and my design as well, I'm looking for evolution, perfection,
not flames E:3

--

Nicolo Nyo Armato said:
Take your eyes away from my signature and my personal site if you do not
like it, I know myself and my potential, highly skilled professionals
loves me and my design as well, I'm looking for evolution, perfection,
not flames E:3

My apologies. No flames intended. This just isn't a KidzRKewl forum.

leo

Nicolo Nyo Armato

Leonard Blaisdell ha scritto:
My apologies. No flames intended. This just isn't a KidzRKewl forum.

Your apologies was been well accepted, but remember I'm not a kid (close
to tipical university age with 4+ years of professional experience), but
sometimes, depend on my humor, I rarely like to speak childish and
somewhat with japanese anime slangs 'cause of my interest for shoujo
manga characters and asian pop idols, that's kawaii-ness (cuteness).

C'mon man, keep it on your mind. ;D

--

Nicolo Nyo Armato said:
C'mon man, keep it on your mind. ;D

You all right, my man. Kick ass when you can. Peace. Where's the peace
emoticon when you want it? Oh, here it is (-<-) sort of. Rotate 90
degrees clockwise and compress.

leo

Nicolo Nyo Armato

Leonard Blaisdell ha scritto:
You all right, my man. Kick ass when you can. Peace. Where's the peace
emoticon when you want it? Oh, here it is (-<-) sort of. Rotate 90
degrees clockwise and compress.

|/ or \| or \/ or typical japanese (^0^)/~
....depend on point of view when you say "peace" with hands. xD

--
Minnasan, sayonara yo,
Nicolò Nyo Armato

www.nyosources.com
One-million parsec beyond the brain evolution, being a perfect guy,
learning everything and taking human lifestyle to the limit.

Nicolo Nyo Armato

Leonard Blaisdell ha scritto:
Eliza?

leo

Get a grip, man.

Please, do not continue with little stupid questions, it isn't the right
place for speaking about stuffs like aiml, ai and logic programming.

Stop-silly-off-topic-stuffs-now ;D

--

Nicolo Nyo Armato said:
Please, do not continue with little stupid questions, it isn't the right
place for speaking about stuffs like aiml, ai and logic programming.

Stop-silly-off-topic-stuffs-now ;D

Egad! Let Icarus Zoom Aethereal.

leo