Cross-compiling Ruby for ARM?

gregarican

I have the source for Ruby 1.8.1 and am attempting to cross compile it
on my x86 Win32 box for an ARM target platform. Following the
README.wince I did the following, using Microsoft Embedded Tools 3.0:

wince\configure --target=arms-ppc-wince

nmake

The nmake command came up with an error that stated:

NMAKE: fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'miniruby.exe'

Looking in the build subdirectory I can see a minirubyce.exe that's
compiled, but am wondering how to either specify how to build the
miniruby.exe or else comment that out if it's not necessary.

Anyone have any pointers?