Crystal Reports DLL on Web Server

chuckdfoster

I am having a problem with moving my web app that uses Crystal Reports to
our web server. I do not have administrative rights to the web server.
When my site gets moved from my local machine to the web server, we recieve
an error about the CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine,
CrystalDecisions.ReportSource, CrystalDecisions.Shared, and
CrystalDecisions.Web not being found. I have a feeling that I need to get
our web server admin to install something or copy some Crystal DLL's to the
server, but I don't know where to start.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem? I'd really appreciate
the help.

Thanks,
Chuck Foster
Programmer Analyst
Eclipsys Corporation - St. Vincent Health System

Guest

We found the best way was to run the VS install on the server and do a custom
setup. Then just choose the Crystal stuff.

Good luck.
Pain to setup up. But once running is usually good.

chuckdfoster

I don't know if that (installing VS) will fly with our web server admin.
Thanks, though.

Have you ever tried doing a web setup project from a local PC and then
installing the web app to the web server?

Guest

We tried the setup project to get the Crystal stuff over there but it never
worked correctly. Always something missing.

Maybe try have all the crystall references marked copy to local and then
copy those DLLs in the bin folder to the server with your apps dlls.

But I dont think it will work with crystal. Sorry I could not be of help to
you.
:(

chuckdfoster

I tried the setup project. I copied the installer folder to the web server.
I then ran the exe. It worked.