custom paging

Kilic Beg

Hi,

I implement datagrid for my customer database regular paging.
I want to change the paging so that it display the letters A...Z which are
the first letter of the
customer names...
When the users clicks on the letter 'K' I want to display all the customers
where the first letter is 'K'

The store proc always returns all the customers...

does anyone has a sample code where I can get started.
I appreciate any help.

- Kilic

Raterus

The simpleist solution I can think of, is to have 26 link buttons at the top of the datagrid (not exactly part of the datagrid), each has a commandargument set to the letter it designates. Let all of them work off the same "command" handler. In this handler, get the commandargument, and rebind the data accordingly to the datagrid. This really isn't paging, but you could at this point enable paging on your datagrid, so they could page through the results for each letter. Fun Fun