Custom siteMapProvider CurrentNode

ashish

hello all,

I am trying to create a custom site map provider and since my site map
is very huge, I am loading the required nodes when the CurrentNode
property is called..

I am wondering if this would be a performance bottleneck, since
according to my understanding a single nstance of sitemapprovider is
loaded for the app domain

can someone confirm this ...

and also wondering, that if you dont wanna load all your navigation
nodes in the begining site map provider is not the path one should follow...

is there other way of using sitemappath control without using
sitemapprovider ?

thanks