Custom siteMapProvider CurrentNode

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ashish, Jul 31, 2006.

  1. ashish

    ashish Guest

    hello all,

    I am trying to create a custom site map provider and since my site map
    is very huge, I am loading the required nodes when the CurrentNode
    property is called..

    I am wondering if this would be a performance bottleneck, since
    according to my understanding a single nstance of sitemapprovider is
    loaded for the app domain

    can someone confirm this ...

    and also wondering, that if you dont wanna load all your navigation
    nodes in the begining site map provider is not the path one should follow...

    is there other way of using sitemappath control without using
    sitemapprovider ?

    thanks

    ashish, Jul 31, 2006