Datagrid paging question

JK

Hi,

I use a datagrid and make use of paging. To add new records I use a stored
procedure in SQL server, which returns the unique ID of the new record. This
works well, but how can I make the datagrid automatically display (and
highlight) the newly added row (how do I retreive the page number of the new
row)?

Thanks for any help,

Joost

ranganh

Hi,

What you can do is to use a Dataview of your dataset and sort by the unique
id such that the latest added record is displayed the first.

JK

Thanks for your reply. yes, this could be a solution indeed, but I really
need to keep my alphabetic sorting order, any other ideas?

Joost

Robert Koritnik

If your DataTable has a uniqe key constraint, you could find your newly
added row and check it's index in the DataTable.Rows collections. And
compute the page from that?

JK

Hi

How would that work?

Dim myrow As DataRow = myDS.Tables(0).Rows.Find(11) ???

Where 11 is the primary key of the added row and MyDS is a dataset

How do I get the index of this row? Or is this not the way to do it?

Thanks

Joost