Datagrid Size hell

Olivier Matrot

Hello,
Im using Visual Studio .NET 2003 and I'm trying to design a page that
contains a datagrid which size must accomodate the client area.

The goal is simple : Overall size (grid and columns) should have a fixed
minimal size, and text must be truncated in columns if needed. I think that
700px should be the minimal size.

If the client have more space, the grid must expand to a percentage (90%) of
the overall width available.

Is does sound easy, but the designer in VS produce a WYSIWYG output at
runtime !!!!

I already know how to truncate text in columns. How could I do the remaining
???

TIA.